You will have heard on the news that all schools will be closed to children from Monday 23rd March until further notice.
This is something we have all been dreading but I want to reassure you that even though we are not physically open we are still thinking about your children and you.
What can you expect while the school is on shut down?
- Your child’s class teacher will email a work plan each day for your child. Please respond to the email with your child’s name so that we know you are still ok and have read the email.
- Your child’s teacher will phone you once a week just to see how things are going and check in that you and your family are still well.
- A Home learning pack has been provided for each child. Their teacher will tell them what to do each day in their email. Do not let your child complete the whole thing in a few days.
- Although children will not be present in school, staff are still working. You can email their teacher at any time during 9am and 3.30pm.
- Each week the teacher will set work for you on Purple Mash, Study Ladders and if in KS2 -Literacy Planet. We will also put things regularly onto the web-site so keep checking.
- If for any reason your child’s teacher is unable to call you then I will make sure to call you once a week.
- We are making arrangements for children entitled to Free School Meals to receive food each day. I will send out details of this in a separate letter.
- If your child has an EHC plan or a Child Protection plan provision will be put in place for them. We are liaising with Hackney Learning Trust on how this will work and will contact you separately to talk through the arrangements.
- Our premises staff are still working – please be assured that while the children are away we will be deep cleaning the entire school to make it safe for them to return.
Although I do not usually share my email, these are extraordinary times. If you are ever worried or need support, please email me on email@example.com. Alternatively, you can call the school office and leave a message on 02077398162. I will be contactable between 9am and 4.30pm every day. If for any reason I am unable to take your call, I will let you all know by text.
Please look after one another while the school is closed and we will be looking forward to seeing you all once it is safe to return.