School tripsEnhancing the Curriculum!
Enhancing the Curriculum!
“The curriculum enriches the experience of the pupils. They go on many excursions and consequently are more excited about learning.” – Ofsted
Randal Cremer Primary School Trips and Visits 2019-20
- Trips and visits are a highly valued part of the school curriculum and have a very important part in a child’s school years.
- Trips must, therefore, be embedded into the curriculum and have a strong purpose to support the child to make links with current or future learning.
- There should be some evidence of trips in at least one of the following: classwork books, displays and photographs on the website.
- Trips should be planned throughout the school year and should occur, where possible, one per half term or at least one per term.
- Trips that are based in the local area and just require a short walk within the school day, do not need a permission slip but the parents must be told in writing when, where and times that the children will be out.
- Longer trips that require public transport, monies to be paid, longer journeys or are outside of school hours must have a written permission slip from a parent.
- Oral permission from parents is not acceptable unless there are exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the head teacher.
- When planning a trip for your class. Please read the following documentation before booking the trip.